Air Flow Saver System
Read about our Air Flow Saver System
Nowadays compressed air is commonly used in many industries as a simple and flexibly applicable source of energy. Flexibility – which is paid for dearly – is achieved by the means of this very expensive energy source often times still used carefree and little cost-conscious by their consumers. Optimization approaches are primarily attained by the technology of manufacturers and suppliers (i. e. compressors, reduction of system leakages, increased benefits through new compressed air nozzles and air-knifes).
We believe the optimization of compressed air systems must be looked at from a wholistic perspective. Especially looking from a consumer’s perspective there is a great potential of further improvements on cost reduction through the smart utilization of compressed air. Every reclaimed cubic meter of compressed air reduces the correspondingly required costs for energy generation and leakage losses by 100 percent. Operating costs and investments in compressed air technology can be significantly reduced, the system can be greatly simplified by down-scaling.
Our solution is the KTW Airflow Saver which reduces the amount of compressed air required within a variety of industrial applications by 60-70%, in some cases even 90%, and it increases their effect by over 15% compared to a continuous air flow.
The KTW Airflow Saver consists of its main components, the control system, the valve, the nozzle, optional sensor technology, as well as the connection and assembly elements.
Due to the constructive and functional fine tuning of all components and the pressure/pulse strategy with one another the maximum effect is unfolded and the maximum benefits are generated. The modular system design allows the spatial independent arrangement of the individual components and thus the variable adaptation and integration in almost any assembly situation.
Design Features Include:
- Adaptable to almost all operating conditions
- High throughput with minimal reaction times (<1ms)
- Wide range of applications due to four performance classes (flow rate)
- Pressure differences between 1 and 10 bar (higher pressure ranges available upon request)
- Pulse frequencies from 1-3000 Hz., dynamically variable (pulse width modulation)
- Long service life (friction and wear minimized)
- Low maintenance design (hardly moving parts, no lubrication)
Suitable for Diverse Conditions:
Holistic system solution with configurable functions and scope of delivery
Maximum system performance due to finely tuned mode of operation of the individual components
Simple, distributed installation of the components, taking into account spatial conditions
Operation as a stand-alone or integrated system
System scalable in throughput and pulse via number and size of valve(s)
Operating mode can be set and changed via variable parameters in the system controller
Communication with the system via intuitive software (USB interface) or CAN bus
Check out our PHIR Videos Page to see how our pulse strategy maximizes your compressed air!
Suitable For a Variety of Applications:
• Blasting/Blowing off
Of almost any surfaces and materials such as:
• Material handling
• Level control
• Vacuum generation
Advantages of the Air Flow Saver System:
- Reduced compressed air consumption (depending on the application from 60% up to 95%, proven in real applications).
- Reduced overall energy consumption and correspondingly reduced CO2 emissions of the company
- Improved process quality due to pulse effect (pulsed jet is approx. 15-20% more powerful than a continuous jet)
- Down-scaling of the compressed air system and avoidance of unnecessary investments
- Reduced costs of the plant for operation, maintenance and repair
- Long solenoid valve life reduces maintenance and repair costs
Increased plant availability due to high reliability and low risk of failure
Fast opening and closing
High switching frequency
Long service life
Application only when required
Pulsating jet instead of continuous blowing
- Avoidance of “wasted” compressed air